Welcome to our group!
Our focus is to help IHSCM members to feel they can tell us about their carbon reduction and sustainability initiatives and help implement these initiatives. Our group also aim to help organisations reach Net Zero Emissions, welcoming new members to the group and networking opportunities.
Elaine Mead (Executive Director of Improvement, Care and Compassion, IC&C) Chair of Greener Care SIG
The Greener Care SIG highlights environmental sustainability and carbon reduction best practice. It has a large and lively membership with regular events and meetings.
If you would like to get in touch with your carbon reduction initiatives, so that we can help you implement them, please get in touch.
Access Our Resources
The Secret to Talking About Climate Change
Your Carbon Footprint explained
Latest news, resources and updates
Join the Greener NHS Community
- The Greener NHS Community is for anyone in the NHS who is passionate and enthusiastic about contributing to a net zero NHS and wants to do more.
- Greener NHS Community members will spread the word about a Greener NHS, build anticipation about big events and moments, help engage with other people locally and share their views and insights to inform national and regional plans.
- Being a Greener NHS Community member shows that you support the pioneering work of the NHS to become the world’s first net zero health system.
- Find out more
Greener Care Conference 2021
If you were unable to attend our very successful Greener Care Conference then you can now watch all the presentations at your leisure.
In addition to this, Kim Croasdale had an abundance of questions to answer on the day and you can find these, and her answers, by clicking here.
Did you miss our April Meeting?
We heard from member Janet Smith, Head of Sustainability at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust & Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust on their Freecycle Scheme.
The “Freecycle” Scheme aims to contribute to the NHS goal of achieving net zero carbon by 2040 by
• Reducing the volume of furniture, equipment and technology waste going to landfill
• Fostering the principles of “Freecycling and Upcycling” within the Trust and the wider ICS community
• Establishing a furniture/equipment/technology sharing/exchange within the ICS
• Shared reporting mechanism for carbon footprint reduction, cost savings and social value impact.