Join the leading institute for managers in health and social care
For a small monthly or annual fee, you will have full access to:
- Our online virtual learning portal with short courses on a huge range of topics including coaching, mentoring and mediation.
- A range of fully accredited qualifications
- Regular regional network meetings.
- A full programme of conferences and events including HealthChats and ‘20 Minute Socials’. See them live or catch up via recording.
- Latest reports and expert analysis on a range of subjects including workforce wellbeing and digital health technology
- Join a Special Interest Group to meet practitioners and enthusiasts in areas such as Practice Management, Greener Care, Workforce Well-being, and Social Care.
- Have your voice heard via our regular member polls and surveys which we use to make representations on your behalf to press and politicians.
- Free legal services helpline.
Within the IHSCM, there is a place for all managers working within a health or social care and are committed to its purpose.
Anyone commissioning, delivering or supporting health and social care, in its widest context, is welcome. We recognise that our members come from a broad spectrum of organisations who provide services which determine our health and wellbeing.
Our diverse and inclusive membership includes managers, and those progressing towards a management role, from the NHS, social care, public health, private sector, military, charity and voluntary sectors, as well as a thriving overseas representation – across all management levels and disciplines.
Membership fees for 2021
Full Membership – MIHSCM (£156 per annum or £13 per month)
In order to qualify for full IHSCM membership you need to have 2 years demonstrable management experience within health or social care.
Associate Membership (£156 per annum or £13 per month)
Associate membership is for individuals who do not work directly within health and social care or do not have 2 years management experience within a health and social care function. Associate members still have unlimited access to all content available to full members.
Retired Membership (£44 per annum or £4 per month)
This is for members who have dedicated their working life to managing in health and social care. Members who move to retired membership grade will retain their post nominal letters ‘MIHSCM’.
Student Membership (£36 per annum or £3.50 per month)
For students undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in healthcare management or a related discipline.
Student membership will be reviewed annually. After which, you will then need to re-apply for Student Membership if you are still in full-time education, or, if applicable, apply for a higher membership grade.
Companion membership is by invitation only, to senior leaders and managers who demonstrate outstanding management achievements.
As a member you will never have to pay extra to access any member content – and you can use the post nominal letters MIHSCM if you are a full or associate member.
We are pleased to offer memberships to organisations / companies who wish to enrol their staff members in the IHSCM and take advantage of the training & development opportunities available.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a call to discuss your options.
How to join
You can now complete the whole join up process online!
Once your application has been processed you will receive your welcome letter.